Have you been wanting to get into a fitness routine for a while, but constantly find yourself starting and stopping due to a crazy work schedule, social life, or family life? These are common issues that most everyone struggles with when first trying to incorporate fitness as a top priority. Here are some useful tips to help you start your fitness journey and keep going:
1. Make a to-do list every night for the next day. This does not have to be super detailed and specific, but a list of the major tasks that you would like to get done. When planning this list, make sure to schedule a time for your workout. This could be in the morning before work, on your lunch break, after work in the evening, or if preferred, a late-night workout.
2. Prioritize your fitness. It all comes down to how hard you are willing to work and if you want to make the time to get your daily workout in. Make this a habit. Habits make you feel more in control of your life, time, and productivity which can all be major confidence boosters.
3. Eliminate the non-essential time-consuming activities that are not productive. Try to filter out anything that could get in the way of reaching your goals.
4. Don’t have time to hit the gym every day? That’s okay! There are plenty of workout routines and online videos to look up and follow along for guidance to ensure that you are getting a solid workout in.
5. Don’t feel like going to the gym is worth it because you only have a certain amount of time? A 30-minute workout is better than no workout at all! Even if it is a short workout, get in there and accomplish it. You will feel much better going about the rest of your day.
At the end of the day, it is all about time management and prioritizing your fitness journey. You don’t have to be a body builder to see results or to get yourself in the gym. Make it apart of your daily life just as you would eating. Fitness is a tremendous help not only to your physical health, but also mental and emotional health. If you want to feel good you have to put in the time and the work to get there. Always remember to be gentle with yourself though. If you miss one day, eat a cheat meal etc. just begin again. Don’t feel like you have to stop. You have the power to reach your goals!